Who runs the Institute?
THE INSTITUTE OF HERALDIC AND GENEALOGICAL STUDIES is housed in a medieval hall house dating from 1273 with later accressances. There are some 18 rooms , including the library, in the Northgate of the ancient city of Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1BA. Tel: 01227 768664 The Institute is a Registered Charitable Educational Trust involved in research and teaching.Reg. Charity No: 313304
Patron: The Duke of Norfolk E.M. President: The Earl of Lytton Bt. Chairman of The Court of Trustees: Professor Mark Watson Gandy, MA, LLB. Principal: Cecil R. Humphery-Smith BSc,DLet,OBE,FSA and six other Trustees, with a Council taken from academics and others associated with the work of the foundation over many years. Clerk to the Trustees: R.C.F.Baker BSc,PhD,FHG. Registrar: Jeremy Palmer BA,LHG. Librarian: Sarah Bulson MA.
Committees care for the regular courses of study, the correspondence course, qualifications, the library collections and exhibitions, research projects, fund raising, publications, liaison with other bodies and national and international contacts.
The journal FAMILY HISTORY is published quarterly with news and important articles. A list of contents is on its web site. A Newsletter is distributed by mail and electronically. More information is contained on the IHGS web site: www.ihgs.ac.uk
Contact: Jeremy Palmer at the IHGS